Set up TheLounge as Private IRC
August 20th, 2019, 17:18
If you want to have a login form on TheLounge, you will have to set it on private mode and then create a user to login.
- Install TheLounge (IRC) on your box using our 1-click installable app.
- Using ssh or a file manager, edit file config.js (under /mnt/shared/config/thelounge/) and change public: true to public: false.
- Create a new file "yourusername.json" on users folder (under /mnt/shared/config/thelounge/users/ ) and place inside:
You may rename this file to whatever you want your username to be (i.e.: cloudboxesio_rocks.json).
- Restart TheLounge from your dashboard.
- Visit TheLounge and you should have a login page.
- Use yourusername as username and abc123 as password.
- Change password from the Settings page.